Your Ad Here

Friday, January 05, 2007

A trip like all others


Finally home from my annual trip to Ireland. For the most part it was the same scenario as previous years, at least since I started taking my daughter with me. When I tell most people where I am going they are usually quite in awe and always assume that I am embarking on a fantastic voyage or a dream vacation. For me its neither, its just home,but I understand what they mean. When going home to see family I think many can agree its not always a vacation. It sadly ends up being quite stressing. There are of course many positives, such as seeing my parents, drinking my favorite beverage Guinness with my friends and catching up with the "craic". I always feel grounded there like I am understood better. One of the big pluses is taking my daughter and showing her all the spots I played as a kid. Ciara is growing so fast and I am increasingly so proud of her, especially on this trip and how she handled herself incertain circumstances. My dad well he is a good guy At heart but very difficult to be around and generally by the end of the trip everybody is waiting for the trip to do just that "END". So I am glad to be back ...




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

selfishly am glad you both are back, too. Fred, Jordy and I missed you kids :)

ps i love the photo...