Your Ad Here

Friday, February 02, 2007

Work Makes You Free


It was never true then and it’s certainly not true now. I know it happens every now and then if you are lucky, but it isn’t happening here. For the past year and a half I have been working directly and indirectly for a MAJOR micro manager (I know we all have them but I have had enough to know this one is exceptional) I refer to him as the machine. For the first year I worked with him directly, and now I have a kind of buffer, but shit rolls down hill as they say and even though I don't have to look at his face as much I still feel his pressure. He is Chinese you see so his work ethic as you can guess is not very compatible with even our American puritan work ethos. However, he could care less about the people he steps on. It's a catch 22 because we are all doing very well with the stock being high and for the most part dominating our segment of the market. In a nut shell he manages complex projects very well but on the flip side he completely neglects his people and at some point if you don't push back he will drive you into the ground. I am at the pushing point and not far off saying fuck it. Damm those stock options....this would be an easy call if not for that ;)

Update: today after one of our too frequent 3 hour meetings, he pulled me aside and said he did not want me to be playing with my pocket pc “it showed I do not care about the meeting” LOL we he was right and guess what I was writing ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

shame on you for getting caught writing your blog during your meeting!!