Your Ad Here

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Blog # 5 Run Run Run

I finally attended my first hash the other day with my good friend Sarah. It's been one of those situations where I had been procrastinating about it for about umm a year, when I decided to finally say "I will be there" . Must say people I had a lot of fun. I should note that I hate to "just" run, it really needs to be an activity such as hockey, soccer etc... I could never just run a couple of miles. But in this case I found myself running 4.5 miles and loved it. To those who have never done one it basically means you follow a prescribed path set out by a forward running hare and whose course will eventually lead you to a bar. Of course there is a beer stop on the way. They proudly proclaim ' we are a drinking group with a running problem" At one point I was thinking it was a bit much having to scale wire fences and rebar through some downtown building sites with a Mexican lady standing on her porch wondering what fuck are these people doing and was one step from calling the police if anybody even looked at her wrong... She never did and we arrived safely at the surprise watering hole " downtown Charley browns"... A fun night for sure and highly recommended.. Better have a thick skin though cause the humor is as crass as a drunken sailor in Thailand negotiating the paid company of a lady (so I have heard anyway) Ha... Oh you eventually are assigned a hashing name which you can imagine can be quite colorful.. So until that gets settled I better play it cool... You know what they say about names...they can shape the rest of your life. ;) sheeeeeeeeet
Here is the website if you are interested. http://www.sdh3.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

tonite is my first time - i'm carbo-loading for lunch!!!!

Elsa Martinez said...

"a drunken sailor negotiating the paid company of a lady in Thailand"???

Huh.

Patrick said...

Yeah so I have heard;)