Your Ad Here

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

“Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practice to deceive”

Deception (noun)
the practice of deliberately making somebody believe things that are not true

Earlier today I was writing a blog addressing an issue of this great country never learning from its history, namely Iraq and Vietnam (that’s an entirely different blog to follow). Many people say history is doomed to repeat itself and I have always been one to argue that it is history that’s the problem. People use it to justify the future (Guess that’s why it repeats huh) Things are never as they seem and history keeps repeating itself… themes that are such a part of my life. Am I being deceived or am I just really naive and innocent?

The quote is from Sir Walter Scott.

No comments: