Your Ad Here

Monday, December 11, 2006

The Price of Being Hip.


Saturday night was a trip to Modus, a fairly new hip bar with cool sophisticated décor and everything else you could expect from a trendy place and worthy of any metro sexual. Not that I am one obviously. Now I don't usually go to these types of places except on some special occasions but I thought why not for a change. It’s located in banker’s hill so I figured it most likely would not be as pretentious a crowd as you would find downtown proper, and I suppose you could say that assumption bore out as it was a little lower key that I expected. It was also one of Elsa’s model friends birthday so we said hello to their group and then it was off on our own. It was not downtown but it sure as hell was downtown prices. I could not believe my bill at the end of the night. But I did break rule #1 and that is to sport a good buzz before you go out anywhere especially a place like this. But sharing a tub of half baked with Elsa before we left took that notion off the table real quick. I dunno ice cream and booze just does not mix well with me. It was however fun for all, with Elsa having a shocking revelation, and Richele and Charlie fighting for half the night in an endearing way I suppose. We all went back to my place later for drinks and it ended up me being the only one drinking. What was the point I thought. But the moral of the story is it costs to be hip and this place will certainly not be my Modus operendus. Give me a dive bar with real people and real situations and where you can still get fucked up on 20 bucks anytime and not get kicked out if you look to drunk. May I suggest Lancers...

1 comment:

Elsa Martinez said...

I still haven't been to Lancers yet, but I am always up for my old hangout and actors' dive bar - Nunu's!!!